High Protein Chunky Tofu and Cashew Stir Fry
200g tofu (pressed)
150g rice noodles (cooked)
Large clove of garlic
2 tbsp sesame seeds
¼ cup of cashews
Chinese 5 spice
300g Mixed thinly sliced vegetables (beansprouts, carrots, water chestnuts, onion, bamboo shoots, cabbage & mangetout)
- In a bowl add 3 tbsps of soy sauce, sesame seeds, chopped garlic, ginger and 1 tbsp of Chinese spices. Stir together ready for the tofu.
- Cut the tofu into long chunky strips and dip into the marinade covering completely. Set each strip aside on a plate and let it soak up the liquid while you prepare the vegetables.
- Peel and finely chop your vegetables including garlic and fresh ginger (use ground if no fresh).
- On a high heat in a wok/pan add a teaspoon of coconut oil and fry the vegetables. Keep the vegetables moving so they don’t burn. Add more ginger, Chinese spices and soy sauce.
- After 2 or 3 minutes in a separate pan heat some oil and fry the tofu. Turning every couple of minutes. It should be brown and slightly crisp but don’t let it burn.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the vegetables and stir again. Now add the rice noodles and stir in until they are mixed with the veg and coloured by the sauce.
- After 8-9 minutes you are now ready to serve.