Courgette and Tofu Fritters
1 courgette (spiralised or grated)
½ cup of sweetcorn
½ red onion (finely sliced)
¼ block of tofu (crumbled)
½ cup chickpea flour (also known as gram flour)
½ cup of almond milk
Sprinkle of paprika, cumin, black pepper & sea salt
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp soy sauce
Pinch of chilli powder
1 tsp mixed herbs
- In a bowl spiralise or grate the courgette, add the chopped onion and crumbled tofu.
- Mix together with a spoon or hands. In a separate bowl add flour, herbs and spices and mix together.
- Add almond milk and soy sauce and whisk to form a thick batter.
- Add the batter to the vegetable mix and stir together. In a frying pan add oil and heat to a medium setting.
- Using hands shape a handful of the mix into a burger shape and place in the oil for 7-8 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Serve and eat while hot.