- 2 large potatoes (baking potatoes are ideal)
- olive oil
- fine sea-salt
- Clean the potatoes and remove any skin blemishes. Cut each potato lengthwise into thick wedges.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover them. Bring the water to the boil, cook for a further 5 minutes, then remove them from the water with a slotted spoon.
- Pour a small amount of olive oil into a small bowl and place each wedge in the oil until coated. (Alternatively, brush the oil on with a pastry brush, if you have one).
- Place the oiled wedges on a baking sheet, or the grill pan and place under a pre-heated grill.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes with the grill on high. The finished potatoes should be golden brown and cooked right through.
- Sprinkle with sea-salt and serve with ketchup, hummus, guacamole or a topping of your choice.
You can spice up your wedges by adding fresh herbs, toasted sesame seeds or mustard.