- 100g wholemeal flour
- 2 rounded tbsp chickpea (gram) flour
- 325ml soya milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Oil to fry
- Whisk pancake ingredients until a smooth batter is formed, then allow it to ‘rest’ for 30 mins. Whisk batter again just before cooking.
- Put a small amount of oil into a frying pan and heat it to very hot, but not burning, then lower the heat slightly. Pour in just enough batter to coat the bottom of the frying pan by tilting the pan around.
- Cook for approx 2 mins and then gently turn pancake over for a further 2 mins.
- Repeat this process until all of the batter has been used.
- Eat straight away as each is done, or make up the lot and reheat, covered with foil, in a warm oven.
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit and nuts, as you wish.