- 140g porridge oats
- 100g peanut butter (made from 100% peanuts)
- 15g coco powder
- 15g poppy seeds
- 1g sea salt
- 70g chopped dates
- 20g agave syrup or other sweetener
- 150ml hot water
- Simply put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix really well. The mixture will be quite sticky and heavy like thick porridge.
- Taste the mixture at this stage and add more sweetener or dates if you like. However, keep in mind that the flavour will be enhanced once the mixture is chilled.
- Spread the mixture on a sheet of cling film and press into a flat rectangular bar. Leave in the fridge for about 1 hour to set, then slice.
- Now the cookies are ready to eat, or you can leave them in the freezer and take them out about 10 minutes before you eat them, or until soft enough to bite. I recommend chilling in the freezer as the texture becomes creamier. Make sure the cookies are defrosted enough, otherwise you will not taste them!
Recipe courtesey of Naoko’s Wholesome Kitchen